Most of the books I read this year were by authors that were new to me. It was one of my reading goals at the beginning of this year to check out new authors, so I’m very excited to have found so many new authors that I am now huge fans of. I look forward to reading more of their books, and I even already have a few on my kindle waiting to be read, like The Legion by Melissa Delport and The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey.
Top Ten New Authors I Read in 2014:
- Rick Yancey – The 5th Wave, this is my new favorite book! I enjoyed it SO SO much! If you haven’t read this, you should definitely consider it!
- Alyssa B. Sheinmel – Second Star, this one was a Peter Pan retelling, which I was so excited about. It was a cute and mysterious read!
- Melissa Delport – The Legacy, one of my favorite dystopias EVER. Total badass female protagonist!
- Pema Donyo – The Innocent Assassins, Pema Donyo wrote an intriguing thriller from the POV of an assassin turned spy! Lots of romance and action!
- Kyleigh Castronaro – Ode to the Queen, an interested take on modern-day greek gods!
- Nina Lemay – Shameless, a woman in college strips to pay for her education… romantic and somewhat empowering!
- Jennifer Mathieu – The Truth About Alice, deals with bullying and rumors and the impact words can have.
- Patty Maximini – The Reason I Stay, an adorable new adult romance that will make your heart ache.
- Karen Gordon – Burnouts, Geeks, and Jesus Freaks: A Love Story, a YA/NA hybrid that follows two friends as they fall for each other, despite what life throws at them.
- Tom Leveen – Random, deals with bullying but through the eyes of the bully!