Thank you all for being patient with me on the blog. Life and school have both been busy and I tend to procrastinate a little here and there… not a good combo. The holidays went well for me, it was nice spending time with family, but you know how it is when you get too much family time… yep that is definitely a thing.
Break overall was a little boring, not because I didn’t have anything to do, but because I was on my family’s schedule the whole time. I am so glad to be back at school for another semester with Jessica, and I never thought I would hear myself say that I’m excited to be back at school, BUT WHAT A TRUE RELIEF IT IS! My classes are going great so far too, and I am determined to make this semester a fantastic one and end my first year of college with some good vibes.
So in celebration of the new year (holy balls, it’s 2016???) and hopes of it being a decent one, I am back with a blog post that I have thought of pretty randomly and I thought it would be a good idea to share it with you guys!
To start this off, I think hobbies are incredibly important.
For self-expression and individualism for sure, but hobbies are things that our hearts are tied to. The things that we enjoy doing say a lot about us, they’re a part of our personalities. Hobbies are things that we put time and effort into because we enjoy them, and I think that’s awesome! My sanity would probably be flying out the door if I only worked and went to school all the time, not that those things aren’t sometimes admirable, but doing things that are obligatory isn’t exactly my way of relaxing.
Stumbling upon a pin I saw on Pinterest about hobbies, I pondered about what mine actually are. What do I like to invest my time in? What makes me sound interesting when I talk about myself to other people? What do I want people to know about me? Ponder, ponder, ponder. I decided to ask Jessica what her hobbies were and she decided to help me figure out mine!
- Drawing – I enjoy doing sketches out of inspiration I see in pictures on the internet or of my own. It’s time consuming, but it gives me something to do and something to focus on when I really want some ‘me’ time.
- Painting – Additionally, painting is something that I admire. Watercolor is the main thing that I do, because it’s easy and I love the way it turns out when finished. The patterns and colors that I am able to create with watercolor are wonderful, and it is so much fun.
- Calligraphy – Continuing in the art department with calligraphy, I like doing this because of all the different fonts and sizes you can create with fountain pens. I got a calligraphy set from my boyfriend’s mom for Christmas over break and I love doodling on paper and just playing around with the fonts. Plus, practicing good handwriting will never go out of style!
- Reading – I’m sure this one is a shocker! But yes, I love reading, as many of you know. Reading takes me to other places and is a great thing to do to unwind and get away from reality and into a better one. I’ve been in a small, but unfortunate reading slump lately that I have hopes to come out of soon, but I really do take pleasure in reading. Not just books, but articles, and poetry too!
- Exercise – Not going to lie, I have plenty of lazy moments, but I will admit that I actually like to exercise. It makes me feel like I’m really doing something for myself, and the more I do it, the more motivated I get to try and live a healthier lifestyle. As a college student, I know how hard it is, but I also know how important it is. I make the time whenever I can to exercise, as should everyone! I especially love Cassey Ho’s channel on YouTube called blogilates. She has a lot of inspirational pilates videos and I highly encourage you to check her out!
- Journaling – I try to do some writing everyday, even if it’s making random lists of things to do or buy. I have so many journals dedicated to my thoughts, no matter the level of crazy. It’s cool to know that one day in the future I’ll be able to read about a day and know everything that I was feeling without even remembering anything about that specific day. Mind=blown.
- Netflix – Okay, so this one is also probably a given. As a college student, I do get quite a bit of free time and I do get lazy, so Netflix is a go-to. My favorite shows to binge currently are Supernatural and Reign. Yaassss.
I’m sure there are more to add to this list, but we’ll save that for another time! Let me know in the comments what you thought about this post and absolutely tell me what you’re hobbies are! What do you enjoy?? What are some hobbies that you are thinking of getting into? What sounds interesting? What are your new years resolutions, and how is 2016 for you so far? Enlighten me guys! Until next time, stay lovely.